Quality Control Chemist I
|Benefits:||Full-time Benefits Package|
AIT Laboratories is looking for an energetic, quality-driven, dedicated, team-oriented individual to support our Quality Control department. This AIT team member would have the opportunity to perform tasks that result in the accurate and timely determination of drugs and chemicals in specimens submitted to AIT Laboratories. The primary focus includes production of quality control material as well as troubleshooting analytical methods.
· Operates, calibrates, and maintains laboratory equipment such as balances, pipettes, and pH meters.
· Prepares quality control material including analytical QCs, internal standards, working stock standards, buffers, mobile phases, and wash solutions.
· Participates in improvement of analytical methodologies.
· Understands and can explain the principles behind liquid/liquid and solid phase extraction methods, gas and liquid chromatography, and mass spectrometry.
· Reviews their own work including quality control results, and other operational reports to ensure accuracy of work.
· Follows established laboratory and chemical safety procedures, including proper biohazard waste disposal and practicing Universal Precautions.
· Other duties or tasks may be assigned periodically by immediate supervisor; however, these duties or tasks will be limited to the competency of the employee and their current documented training. Management will be responsible for documenting these duties or tasks.
In order to qualify for consideration for this opportunity, the candidate must have a bachelor's degree in the life sciences, with at least one additional year of applicable laboratory experience. In addition, an ideal candidate must be detail oriented and possess ambition, good problem solving skills, the ability to multi-task, the ability to work efficiently on his or her own but also work well in a team, and the ability to handle a fast-pace, sometimes strenuous environment.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.