Analytical Chemist I
|Benefits:||Full-time Benefits Package|
|Department:||Compliance Monitoring Unit|
AIT Laboratories is looking for energetic, quality-driven, and dedicated individuals to support our Compliance Monitoring department in the Analytical Chemist I role. This AIT team member, while utilizing analytical instrumentation, performs tasks that result in the accurate and timely determination of drugs and chemicals in specimens submitted to AIT Laboratories. Operation includes, but is not limited to, routine or as needed maintenance of various analytical instrumentation, troubleshooting problems as they arise, analyzing data, and use of LIMS. This is a first shift position.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Operates, maintains, and troubleshoots laboratory equipment and analytical instruments such as GC/MS, GC/FID, and LC/MS/MS.
- Responsible for following guidelines, work instructions, and standard operating procedures.
- Performs initial analysis and interpretation of data from analytical instrumentation.
- Utilizes LIMS to ensure accurate and complete results.
- Reviews quality control material to ensure data is acceptable and within limits.
- Follows established laboratory and chemical safety procedures.
- Acts and makes decisions independently on routine tasks and situations.
- Other duties or tasks may be assigned periodically by immediate supervisor or designee; however, these duties or tasks will be limited to the competency of the employee and their current documented training
In order to qualify for consideration for this opportunity, the candidate must have a bachelor's degree in the life sciences from an accredited university and one year of relevant laboratory experience outside of coursework. In addition, an ideal candidate must be detail oriented and possess ambition, good problem solving skills, the ability to multi-task, the ability to work efficiently on his or her own but also work well in a team, and the ability to handle a fast-pace, sometimes strenuous environment. Requires the ability to occasionally lift 25-50 pounds. There are currently two second shift openings.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.